Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: I got my supercharger today!!!!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member blownintegra's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2000
    Posts
    297
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Hey Guys and Gals,

    I officially entered the FI board today with the arrival of my supercharger. I have to say I am impressed with the kit; it seems to have just about everything. Just a quick post and if you have anything to offer about the install, I'm going to do that myself, please let me know. I'll keep you guys up to date with the progress. Thanks to everyone on the board for the help leading to today.

    Blownintegra (official now!!!!)

  2. #2
    Inactive Member fastfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 1999
    Posts
    709
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mine came in today as well as my new fuel pump (Thanks Jim!!!!!). I had my appt. for the install for the 31st but since it came in early I called them(Acura) up to see if I could drop it off today instead. They said no problem so I will have it back on Thursday the 27th instead of Tuesday the 1st. I am so pumped!!!! I will have a nice long post to let everyone know how she blows!

    Zach

    ------------------
    94 Civic Coupe/LS Hybrid
    AEM CAI
    DC 4-1 Ceramic Header
    Random Technology Cat
    GReddy PE exhaust
    Magnacore 8.5mm Wires
    MSD 6AL
    Skunkworks Coilovers
    ACT 6 Puck
    Turbo Convert
    Supercharger on the way? It is now!!!!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member blownintegra's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2000
    Posts
    297
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Good luck fastfour. Let me know anything that would help me out on my car. Unfortunately, my install is going to go slower because I'm doing it myself. By the way how much was the fuel pump?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member AllMotor+'s Avatar
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2000
    Posts
    132
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    just some advice from me - when doing the install, be patient, going back to fix small air leaks, or any leaks at all, can be a real pain and very frustrating. Good Luck and if you have any troubleshooting questions you can email me.

    Tony

    ------------------
    Much love to the imports

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My site is mostly geared towards installing the kit yourself.

    Take a look, and good luck.

    ------------------
    Greg Holden
    96 GSR, JSRC, I/H/E, yada yada yada...
    My JRSC Install Site

  6. #6
    Inactive Member fastfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 1999
    Posts
    709
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Pump was the Walbro high output and was $119 shipped from Jim.

    ------------------
    94 Civic Coupe/LS Hybrid
    AEM CAI
    DC 4-1 Ceramic Header
    Random Technology Cat
    GReddy PE exhaust
    Magnacore 8.5mm Wires
    MSD 6AL
    Skunkworks Coilovers
    ACT 6 Puck
    Turbo Convert
    Supercharger on the way? It is now!!!!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member code10-54's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2nd, 1999
    Posts
    160
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    blownintegra & fast4: whaz UP! whaz UP! JRSC punks! hey, how much ya'all gets da JRSC for? and where? so fast4 acura is gonna install that shitz for ya?--damn most f--k'n dealers around the way here don't wants ta touch even wants ta touch that shitz! what bout ya blown? ya install'n that shitz yoself...do it yoself mann...and get it done right!

    peace.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member blownintegra's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2000
    Posts
    297
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Code,

    I don't think it's really my car unless I get some grease under my fingernails. I'll still need to get it tuned. I think it'll be a good experience. I'll wind up paying around $2500 for the whole thing, fuel pump, tuning, etc.
    P.S. what is code 10-54 is it like a 187?

  9. #9
    Inactive Member fastfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 1999
    Posts
    709
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Code,

    I know I probably couldn't do it alone but with several other of my buddies who are more mechanically inclined than I am we could knock it out in a few days. The main reason for having Acura do it is the warranty issue. If something goes wrong with a piece on the kit and I need to use the warranty the first thing Jackson Racing will probably ask is who installed it. It seems they would be more inclined to work with me if Acura did it than myself. $550 is worth the piece of mind in my eyes.

    I would like to be able to go through the whole process myself though. I would feel more inclined to tweak on things later if I knew exactly how things go during the install itself, but oh well. This way, hopefully there is no question that the kit will be installed correctly the first time with no problems. If there are problems later I will drop it off at Acura and tool around in a new Integra util they get the problem fixed rather than scratching my head wondering what I did wrong.

    Sorry for the long post.

    ------------------
    94 Civic Coupe/LS Hybrid
    AEM CAI
    DC 4-1 Ceramic Header
    Random Technology Cat
    GReddy PE exhaust
    Magnacore 8.5mm Wires
    MSD 6AL
    Skunkworks Coilovers
    ACT 6 Puck
    Turbo Convert
    Supercharger on the way? It is now!!!!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member green95gsr's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2000
    Posts
    129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    Fastfour, $550 for the installation is "cheap". I would not hesitate to get it done for that price as long as they know what they are doing. I undestand that the installation can take an experienced tech about 10 hours.

    Good luck

    ------------------
    '96 GSR, JRSC 6 psi, Greddy Sp, Apex 4-2-1, Home made CAI w/K&N, Ground controls coil overs, Eibach, AGX, DC short shifter, more stuff on the way....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •